Friday 13 January 2012

Indian Runners


a line of ducks, originally uploaded by Dru Marland.

 I've just picked up some giclee prints of this painting, from Niche in Stokes Croft. And now they're in my Etsy shop

An envelope arrived in the post yesterday. Unusually, it came without any contents, though it was sleeved in a plastic bag from Royal Mail, the writing on which apologised for the fact that it had been interfered with. But, since there was no clue as to what should have been in the envelope, I can do nothing but guess what might have been in the envelope. A million pounds in Scottish £50 notes? A frog, squashed flat by a lorry? Who knows? Well, the sender, obviously. And the person who opened the envelope, presumably.


Do you recognise your writing, gentle reader?

3 comments:

  1. It could have been my million and I was hoping you would look after it for a while, you know what banks are like these days...

    If it turns up, keep half and send the rest back to me in May, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curiouser and Curiouser!!

    Indian Runner ducks are such characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fear not, Caroline. I've filled in the claim form, and expect the million pounds next week. Yo!
    Ain't they, Gwynneth. The do seem missing something- the wings are just so not evident. Makes me think of Groucho Mark, loping along with arms behind his back.

    ReplyDelete